Wednesday, October 15, 2008

CVN-75

Last time I showed how you can extract the CVA-63 carrier from within WOE. But in the campaign I am developping, I use the CVN-75 from Digital-Overload.

The CVN-75 Harry S. Truman is a Nimitz class super carrier. Nimitz class carriers are nuclear powered and can carry up to 85 aircraft. The CVN-75 was not yet build in the timeframe I use for my campaign, but there exists a mod with all ships from that class. However I don't use that mod because Digital-Overload is no signatory to the Freeware Licensing. So I can't know whether the author of the Nimitz mod, got permission to use and distribute his files.

After my experience with Diego, I have adopted these rules:
1/ only use material from authors in the freeware licensing list
2/ if the author is not in the list, ask his permission before release, but never use derivates from his work
3/ if the author is a team (ala Mirage Factory), make sure that at least one of the team members is mentioned in the freeware licensing list, so that I can ask for permission through him.

To showcase the CVN-75 in my campaign i made this little movie with some F-14's performing carrier trials.





Happy Flying,



No comments: