Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Mosquito Ace

I was not able to finish writing the Yak story last week, so I was forced to publish Mosquito Ace first. I still have to finish two chapters for Yak but at least I figured out what would happen to my character. I guess you will have to wait 5 weeks before you can read that story.

In the meantime I also picked up on an older sim: Falcon 4 Allied Force. I already flew my first mission (set in Korea in 2010). I decided to fly only with the F-16 (not unlike in Charging Dragon, besides I don't think the validAC hack still works), taking screenshots and writting an AAR about it. This AAR is much dryer then the IL-2 AAR's. I strictly talk in first person POV and don't imagine elaborate stories. My goal is to fly at least one mission a week and withold all the AAR's for publication untill I have a substantial number of them. As such they can proove to be usefull when I hit a writers block with Il-2. But I included a screenshot so that you can get a glimpse of the AAR.

From my introduction in Mosquito Ace:
I chose not to use this historical setting but instead opted to tell the story of two characters I introduced in a chapter of Yellow Noses: Blake and Edwards, the crew of a mosquito. The first chapters deals about how Edwards lost his first pilot. The following chapters deal with how the new pilot Blake and the more seasoned navigator Edwards learn to cooperate, while Blake chases his dream of becoming an ace (hence the title Mosquito Ace).

You can read the first chapter at SimHQ or at the blog-novel.

Happy Reading



No comments: