Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Scriptwriting

Last couple of weeks I have not had much time to fly any flightsim, let alone write some AAR's.

I am too busy writing the screenplay for my next machinima movie. I use Lew Hunter's Screenwriting 434 book as a guideline. Each evening I try to write 5 pages. It takes me easily one to two hours to fill the pages so once I'am done writing I usually have no more time to fly. (Although I need to confess that I have been playing a lot of Half-Life 2)

If all goes well I should write the final pages of the screenplay tomorrow, bringing my screenplay to 60 pages. This is a bit short (average movies take 100 to 110 pages) but I discovered that my first draft tends to be short because I see everything in my head and write down the short version on paper.

Once the first draft is done, I'll put it away for a week. After that time I can start the first (of probably many) rewrite to tie up the loose ends and expand the script. Perhaps in that week of rest I can write some AAR's in advance.

Last weeks FACT's was a great success, many thanks to razorreel for hosting my movie during the convention. They have asked me to make an introduction movie for their site and for their film festival. When will I do that?

Anyhow here are some pictures from the convention.

Me with some dude from some sci-fi movie (something with stars...)

With some ladies for whom its clearly that time of the month again.

With the entire RazorReel crew, thanks guys for hosting my movie!

No comments: