Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Yaks

Originally I wanted to discuss why there are no good flight sims available on consoles. But preparing my next blog-novel for publication has taken much more time then anticipated. Ill have to take a rain-check on the flight sim console subject.

As said, I posted the first chapter of a new blog-novel: Yaks. Its based on the Yaks over Memel campaign from Mandrill7. I initially played this campaign on the pre-1946 version of Il-2, but had to finish it on 1946. There were some issues with the mission recordings (tapes from before 1946 could not be played back on il-2 1946) . Therefore I had to keep a dual install of Il-2, but now I can delete the old version.

Currently I am flying White Sun, Blue Sky and Kurtland 1946. WSBS will only be used for a novel in a latter stage. Kurtland 1946 will probably be published after Yaks.

In the meantime, you can find the first chapter at SimHQ or at my blog-novel.

Happy Reading

No comments: